Divi Child theme was designed specially to work with Divi Theme from Elegant Themes.
It’s a bare bone child theme, properly configured following WordPress Best Coding Guidelines, and it offers you a starting point without the need to use a 3rd party plugin.
Divi Child theme :: How to install
The process to install Divi Child theme is no different then installing a WordPress theme.
- Go to Appearance -> Themes
- Click on Add New
- Click on Upload Theme.
- Choose the zip file, you have downloaded from the link above
- Click on Install Now button.
- After the installation was completed, click on the Activate link.
At this point you have properly installed the Divi Child Theme. Now all your customization specially the PHP custom code, should go into your child theme.
Divi Child theme files and folders structure
- The child theme, have only one folder called **custom-modules** in which you can paste individual Divi Builder Modules php code to customize them.
style.cssfile – it holds all the details about your child theme
functions.phpfile – it holds the starting php code, loads the parent theme
stylesinto your child theme
favicon.pngfile – contains a graphic which wordpress will display when browsing the Appearance > Themes section